Scientific Poster Session
National Academy of Science abnd Technology
37th Annual Scientific Meeting
8-9 July 2014; Manila Philippine
Papers fot the Scientific Posters Seeions on Agricultural Sciences, Biological Sciences, Health Sciences, and Social Sciences are invited. The maximum number of poster to be presented by an author shall be limited to three (3) poster only, i.e., ONE (1) as MAJOR AUTHOR and TWO (2) as CO-AUTHOR. The paper must be (a) original or have not been presented ibn any other forum, events or competition, (b) minimum of undergrauate thesis, no highscholl science projects or class laboratory experiments, and (c) no preliminary data. The author should provide a certification of originality for each entry.
The format specified below shall be followed
- Paper size: 6" x 9"
Margins: Top and Bottom = 1 in.; Right and Left = 0.75 in
- Font type:Times New Roman
- Title (centered, bold, upper and lower case, font size: 12)
- Author(s) (centered, upper and lower case, font size; 11); authors should use first full names; presenting author underlined with asterisk indicating corresponding author; major/main author name in bold face
- Affilication (centered, upper and lower case); if authors are from different institutions indicate with superscripts respective affiliations. Include address of the presenting author to enable interesting parties to contact authors; include telephone, fax and email.
- Abstract body (justified, font size: 11)
- Keywords (justified in lower case
- Word format (97-2003 version)
Guidelines in preparing abstracts
- Abstract should fit in one page
- The introduction part should contain the scope and purpose of the work in 2-3 short sentences only.
- The experimental approach should be described briefly.
- Only highlights of results should be presented, which should be quantitative if possible, or as the nature of the paper permits.
- Uncommon acronyms should be spelled out the first time they are used; if several acronyms are used, they shoudl be listed with their meanings at the end of abstract.
- Only major conclusions should be stated.
- No more than five keywords should be mentioned.
- A list of references must not be included.
Abstracts that do not follow abovementioned format and guidelines will be returned automatically to the author(s).
Please check the NAST website (www.nast.ph for updates on the guidelines and for the list of abstract received for screening/evaluation. Authors of accepted/rejected papers will be notified via email starting 05 May 2015 and will be given further instructions on poster presention. Please note that traditional poster shall be the standard entires to the 37th Annual Scientific Meeting Poster Session.